We should live every day like it is a holiday, being thankful and spending time with family, and looking hopefully to the future.
I used to find it stressful enough planning a holiday when it was just for me and Keith but the thought of planning one for the four of us fills me with dread. I just imagine forgetting something important like travel insurance! (If you are looking for travel insurance then try Bupa worldwide travel insurance for a quote.
I thought I would put together a checklist for everything that you will need while planning a summer holiday.
- Make sure all your passports are up to date
- You have valid travel Insurance – don’t want my nightmare like above!
- apply for a European Health Insurance Card – I never knew about this until I started working for the NHS, so handy!
- Purchase new holiday clothes – I like to make lists of what I need and then add them to my case a few weeks before, and there’s nothing more satisfying than crossing them off your list.
- Make sure there are shops local incase you run out of nappies, wipes etc.
- Pack a little first aid kit, ie plasters, calpol etc
- Buy your foreign currency
- Check you have the correct plug adaptors
- check in online
Travel packing list
- Kids clothes – multiplied by however many days you are away plus a few more changes in case of emergency.
- Favourite toys – that your kids can’t possibly live without
- Activity and Colouring books – Keep them entertained while by the pool or in the hotel
- Rainy day games – in case you are stuck indoors…..hopefully not!
- Nappies, wipes, creams, formulas, bottles – don’t forget to check what you can buy when you’re away though and save on luggage space.
- Sun screen and after sun
- First aid kit
- Chargers and adapters
- Tablets/iPads/iPods – for the journey (and for any relaxing time you can grab).
- Swimsuits, beach towels
- Your favourite tea bags or coffee if you only like the one brand.
- And finally don’t forget to pack your own clothes!!
After all that planning and packing, go and enjoy the sun, sea and family time together.
If there is anything I have forgotten then please let me know.